My Website » Blog

Masthead header
My Website bio picture
  • Hello There!

I'm Sarajane, a blogger and photographer based out of Asheville, NC.

On this blog you can find stories from my life, my thoughts on the world,
    and photos of some pretty fantastic people!

Grab a cup of coffee (or bourbon) and make yourself at home!
    Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know you were here.

with love,
    Sj

Jessica.

Meet Jessica.

empath. mediatricks. emotional space holder. the embodiment of “hello everyone!” truth teller. giver.

To see more from the black and white series, check it out here.

On Building Trust and Loving with a Heavy Hand.

I sat in a cafe in Paris.
We’d been traveling for a few weeks and I was alone for what felt like the first time in ages.
I sat at the bar and chatted with the barista about his travels and my heart.
He wrote me a list of coffee shops to visit in London and a sweet girl from across the cafe’ joined in our conversation about how much they wanted me to visit Australia.
I wrote in my journal, “How can I feel more connected to the strangers in this cafe’ than I do to the person I love? Why do I feel more at home in this place than I do in the arms of my husband?”

I don’t talk about my marriage much.
I’m not sure I’ve talked about it at all actually.

View full post »

Beth Pecoraro - August 25, 2015 - 1:28 am

Lovely! It made me think of a book I am reading that you may enjoy, “Healing Through the Dark Emotions”, By Mariam Greenspan. It is not a self-help book…it is a book about meeting our emotions in our bodies, in the moment, befriending them, attending them, and then moving along. :)

Dylan.

Meet Dylan.

self-sustainer. gentleman. giver. MacGyver. attentive. feline-whisperer. abstract.

To see more from the black and white series, check it out here.

A Sun in Bloom. {Guest Essay from Savannah Rose Crespo}

I met Savannah Rose Crespo at a house party in celebration of a man I was dating at the time. I’m not even sure we spoke to each other much. I made light small talk with people there, but, I was nervous and feeling a bit out of my element. I took a step into the kitchen when I heard a gentle but strong voice in the other room. She spoke of all of the things that my heart screams from my chest on a daily basis and I gravitated to her. I listened and probably chimed in some (as I’m known to do) and left feeling like my heart and her heart would probably hold hands if they could.

As she explores some new stages in her life Savannah has taken to putting her beautiful heart into words and I’m beyond thrilled to have her sharing with you guys today. Please, please, please give her all your love in the form of supportive comments. ‘Cause her kind heart has earned it.

View full post »

Elisa Schulman - August 19, 2015 - 10:56 am

Very nice story. I usually would not be on the net looking at anything at this hour! All the traveling you did heled you a lot in knowing yourself, I bet. All the people you met, that must have wonderful. I only hope I get to travel and forget the norm someday, even if it is temporary. I long to see the world and exsperience other cultures and not even think about anything else while I’m doing it. Especially the people, different sunsets, food, accents, everything. it sounds like you are a writer and I’m sure you have lote to write about. Sever every moment and enjoy tour next adventure!

Amy L. Neill - August 19, 2015 - 10:08 pm

“Here’s to beginning to write in ruby red journals, bound blank pages of my heart soon to be opened, to be marred and marked with the stories of how I have loved and lost and felt and fled and danced and laughed and forgotten and remembered and ended and began again and again.”

Oh, my. Yes. Here’s to YOU, small but mighty Savannah Sparrow. May you always have a song in your heart, and a bird’s eye view of wild, wondrous landscapes.

Andy Crespo - August 19, 2015 - 11:03 pm

Savannah, you have been so brave, so able, so curious, so loving, so present, and so perfectly guided by angels and your loving heart. I am so proud and happy for you. You have walked the road less traveled, and are richer and wiser for it. The unknown is ok, because it is all there is. Every moment is gift, and may not be there in a moment, so why not live it to the max? You are doing that, and it is with great admiration and respect, I get to have this connection with you, and call you my daughter on this journey. Love doesn’t describe my feelings sometimes with you, which are greater than that. May there be many more journals, words, roads, cities, train stations, bike rides in the night, wonderful people, and endless curiosity and love. Thank you for your being ~Papa (writing from a cafe in Juneau, AK)

Lauren Bursky - August 19, 2015 - 11:20 pm

Wonderful post. May you continue on many more wonderful journies.

Sonya Costello - August 20, 2015 - 12:43 am

Your words are as beautiful as YOU! You are a sun in bloom! What an honor and a pleasure to be a witness to it all. Your light shines so brightly! I see your smile and when I read your words, I knew how many people’s lives you touched as you passed them by, shared coffee, danced, and so much more. You are a gem! You are an ispriration! Thank you for sharing so openly, so raw, so perfect! So much love for you, keep shining sister! keep shining! <3

James D. Arena - August 20, 2015 - 1:18 am

I remember sitting in a cafe with you and your father upon your visit here in Santa Monica. I fell in love with your young spirit of adventure and honesty, I was envious of that honesty and youth. That’s when I knew how you affect others and the world was ready for you to be part of the new generation of leaders of free thought and change in the world. That morning was very special to me. Thank you for sharing your self with the world.

Amber Mae Acheson - August 20, 2015 - 2:11 am

Loving you deeply, sweet sweet soul! Your smile won me over the minute I met you, and my heart will never forget the night it held yours as we sat curled in each others arms under the big Costa Rican moon and just cried. Freedom and grace suround your dear one! Here’s to you, a bright, beautiful sun in bloom!

Tom Kelly - August 20, 2015 - 4:38 am

So Very Beautiful, and from the Heart!

Lori Ann Miller - August 20, 2015 - 9:49 am

Dear lovely Savannah, you are quite a gifted writer!!! How wonderfully you weave the words of your heartfelt and brave journey. This seems to be your true calling! You must write and keep writing, and loving the world and allowing us to see it through a young artist’s eyes. I’m so uplifted each time I read something of yours1 Onward and Upward, <3, your FB friend.

Laurie Miller - August 20, 2015 - 11:35 am

Beautiful – thank you

Noah Hoffman - August 20, 2015 - 4:19 pm

So much love, friend. Thank you for your words.

Carol-Ann Luisi Saletto - August 20, 2015 - 5:38 pm

Beautiful very beautiful thank you for sharing God bless you

Maria Mason - August 20, 2015 - 8:15 pm

Savannah, your writing is lovely, heartfelt, and moving. What glorious bravery, exploration, freedom and evolution! Brava x a million. Sending love and huge admiration. You fly, girl.

Ben Starr Coates - August 20, 2015 - 9:05 pm

Beautiful words from a more beautiful young woman. Watching you grow up on stage was a joy. I envy you, brave nomad! If you’re ever in NYC please look me up. As R. Crumb would say, “Keep on truckin’!”

Maria Rueda - August 20, 2015 - 10:12 pm

Savannah, I am in awe of You and your words. Thank you.

Aurora Hawkyard - August 21, 2015 - 12:38 pm

Savannah, thank you deeply for sharing the profound gift of your life experiences! You embody the inspired wisdom that many of us embrace only decades later (if at all)!

On Loving Your Body.

I’ve been aware lately of the virus that is the disconnect we have from our bodies. I’ve spoken before about the contagious nature of our insecurities, how we can give and take new fears from each other like a virus. But, the aspect of a virus that I’m talking about here is more about how wide spread this epidemic is. How it’s more common to hear the people in my life berate themselves rather than building themselves up. How we struggle to care for ourselves because we don’t know how to ask what we need in the proper way.

View full post »