My Website » Blog

Masthead header
My Website bio picture
  • Hello There!

I'm Sarajane, a blogger, photographer and life consultant based out of Asheville, NC.

On this blog you can find stories from my experience, my thoughts on the world, tips for making the most out of life and on occasion photos of remarkable people or my travels.

Grab a cup of coffee (or bourbon) and make yourself at home!
    Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know you were here.

If you're interested in a sponsored blog post or a 1 on 1 consultation get in touch through the 'work with me' tab! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

with love,
    Sj

On Self-Doubt & Partnership.

I took a hiatus from the blog for a few weeks while I traveled. Thanks for understanding the need for rest. This is probably the quietest my blog has ever been. I’m looking forward to continuing the Evolution Series & you may see some more things pop up as time goes on! Thanks for being here.

—-

I’m not a stranger to duality. How a person can be both kind and selfish. How we all share lightness and darkness to our beings neither of which detract or add to your worth, they simply are. I get questioned about my confidence a lot, complimented on the way I hold myself and how I seem to know my worth from a deep place. You know what, it’s true. I’ve put in years of work to believe in my worth, to truly understand my value. However, there are days where I feel meaningless, lack-luster. Lately, those have been more frequent.

week-1

View full post »

Julie Wunder - May 17, 2016 - 11:32 am

Such a beautiful post. I think all women suffer from these feelings at times…. sometimes more than others. It’s finding that balance to move past them that is critical! You clearly excell at this. Congrats on your engagement!!!! :-)

On Living Alone. (The Evolution Series: Week 14)

I’ve been telling people that this is the only time that I’ve lived alone. I guess it technically is, other than a brief odd period of time that I lived in someone’s basement for a summer. I was working at a home for developmentally disabled adults in Winston-Salem, NC and a truly lovely older couple opened up their basement apartment to me for the summer. Despite a seemingly sweet deal, I spent most of my time at work or traveling to see friends. I just didn’t feel as at home with myself then.

week 14

View full post »

Elisa Schulman - April 24, 2016 - 1:49 pm

Living alone has it’s ups and downs for sure. I feel you on the part of getting energy from other people. I have lived alone for many years now and enjoyed myself immensely. Now things have changed, as they always do and I am in transition of staying with a friend for a while. I cget inspiration from this friend and I am looking forward to moving forward. I hear this is the year for change! And goney, I’m ready. Sounds like you are. Wishing you all the best on your move!!

On building foundations.

Over the past 7 years I’ve found myself working with people all over the southeast. I’ve spent time in a lot of southern cities over and over again.

There’s something comforting to me about having ‘homes’ in different cities. Exploring independently and finding routines no matter where I am. I make acquaintances everywhere I visit, I like knowing that I’m building something wherever I go – on my own.

13-2

View full post »

I want to see you. ( The Evolution Series: Week 12)

It’s been a while since I’ve written. This is probably the longest this blog has heard crickets since it started. I’d love to tell you that I’ve been distracted or busy or that there’s any other reason for allowing silence to live in this space.

The truth is that I’ve been nervous.

This is a topic that I knew I wanted to touch on during this series, but, I wasn’t quite ready to take the risk of putting it all out there. That’s not traditionally the way that I operate and I’m not ready to start living in fear now. So, here we go.

12-1

As a thick-bodied person you are always told to cover yourself up. Maybe it’s not directly and maybe it is. But, it’s in the way you hear people talk about others and what they’re wearing, it’s in the “Who wore it best” columns and the whispered critiques of a stranger saying, “that shirt is just not flattering on her.” I decided long ago that I would choose how much of my body to show and what to wear based off of my own desires and nothing else.

I guess part of that is an act of rebellion. A belief that the more you look at my unclothed body the more normal it will be to see women with dimpled thighs and stomachs that aren’t flat. The more you will look at your own stomach changing shape and think that it’s just not that big of a deal.

Dare to feel attractive.
Walk around looking people in the eye while you feel the air on your skin.
Forget the rules: wear stripes, wear color and for goodness sake just buy the shorts.

Let me be the first to say that I want to see you.

Don’t make yourself smaller for me.
Make yourself healthier.
I want you to thrive.
Society needs people who are vibrantly living beautifully large lives.

Josie del Mosie - April 6, 2016 - 5:13 pm

Yes. yes. yes. it is so good to see you.

Lily Calfee - April 6, 2016 - 5:17 pm

Wow, love this.

Greg Miller - April 6, 2016 - 5:28 pm

I’m really loving the all-body-appreciation that is emerging in our culture. This is the type of article that helps it thrive and grow, thank you for sharing!

Nora Roy - April 6, 2016 - 5:41 pm

Just what I needed to read today!

Meryl Lefkovich - April 6, 2016 - 6:09 pm

Youre so damn beautiful.

Lydia Santiago Gillis - April 7, 2016 - 5:28 am

You are beautiful Sarajane Case and I so appriciate this article. Thank you for being so open and vurnable!

Elisa Schulman - April 7, 2016 - 12:33 pm

You are awesome Sara! I agree totally that you should dress for yourself and feel good about it. This society is so messed up I cannot even pay attention to it much anymore and that’s sad. I am an unconventional person, always have been. I’m still learning myself like most of us. At least I have lost the need for approval from others. Seems like you have too! Have a glorious day and I look forward to your next blog post. Peace on you.

Leah Webb - April 7, 2016 - 4:25 pm

“Dare to feel attractive.” New words to live by. <3

Rosalee Capozzi - April 9, 2016 - 8:35 pm

I should have read this earlier in the week. I went shopping for shorts, which I NEVER wear. I spent at least an hour debating whether or not to get them. I ended up not buying them because I “just didn’t like the way the looked”. When in reality, they were comfortable and cute and I loved them, but I didn’t spring for the purchase because I was afraid of others’ thoughts about my dimpled thighs. But you know what….. Who cares. I’m going back to khols to get the shorts.

Thanks. :)